Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How Steve Jobs ended up sleeping with my wife and I every night for year

My wife and I had been talking about "it" for sometime. "It" was in the news, everybody was talking about "it" and everywhere we went "it" was everywhere! So what praytell are you asking is "it?" "it", is Steve Jobs !

Yes that! Steve Jobs who created all the really cool it's that are slowly taking over the world one person at a time. But that's getting ahead of myself and I need to explain how Steve Jobs ended up in my bedroom with me and my wife and why he is still there nightly, to this day!

You see the other "it" that JOBS created was the iPhone . Now before you start passing judgement on my wife and i about that "it" know first that we avoided "it" in the beggining.

When the iPhone came out we where not in line for a week hoping to be one of the first citizens to hold the mighty iPhone. In fact we were not even at the 2, 3rd, or 4th launch (wait if we are on the 3GS... well you get what I am saying) we patiently waited till the iPhone was the top or more commonly known as the "it."

Once JOBS' was the "it" device to have we still waited for it to fit into our tech heavy lives and provide to us the functionality that our previous devices delivered to us. And with the launch of the 3GS JOBS and his people convinced my wife and I to bring him into our lives, hell, even into ourbedroom every night.

My wife, who by the way is the president of a publishing company, owner of an Indie label, and majority stock holder in a Eco-Friendly transportation company in Miami. She uses her 3GS to read emails from each of her businesses. Write comments on Twitter under @roadtoashes her account where she shares details of her life and struggles as a woman writting an autobiography about her life growing up. She has 9,700+ people following her every word. She does her , multi-media webcast through UCast and she holds her conference calls via her

I on the other hand have married my to a Mophie (battery extenders) that gives me 100% battery life till 5 pm. Then I use the standard battery till 2 am everyday unless I have been tweeting like a demon or using my location based apps to check in as I go about my business day. I use mapmyride, loopt, tweetdeck, even GOOGLES' own "buzz" throughout the day.I update via facebook and linken and always use my calendar to remind me of my next meeting. Next month I replace my Mophie battery extenders with a new Mophie product that allows me to swipe credit cards on site and have an extra battery on hand to carry the burden of my daily workload.

So even though my wife and I talked about it for years before it ever happened! We willingly invited Steve Jobs in our lives and even into our beds every night as we charge up our for the next days busy schedule. The one thing we did wish was that Mophie would build a battery extender that used the standard plug to charge the battery now that would make going to bed in the dark with JOBS a lil less stressful.


Q Fortune is President & CEO of Grow Verde an Eco-Friendly Vespa-Sharing members only service being tested in Miami. The service is in stage 2 testing & under the application process for supplying the world with Carbon credits via it's members. Q is also part owner of an Indie Label that specializes in mobile applications & digital distribution. He is Executive Producing an audio series of an autobiography and is spearheading an Audio+ series due out late 2010.

You can reach him at Growverde@gmail.com for interview request.


- Posted using BlogPress from my & yes I have the Mophie battery extender on it as I write.

No comments: